Different alternatives for Different Necessities
Gestamp Biomass strategy is focused in providing vertical integrated and tailor made solutions in the international market of the energy generation with a wide variety of biomass. Innovation, energy efficiency and flexibility in the use of different biomass sources are key in that strategy.
BIOMASS VALUE CHAIN
The value chain of biomass as an energy vector can be summarized as follows:
- Production -> Gestamp Biomass manages over 40.000 hectares of planted forest which main production is biomass for different energy applications.
- Logistics -> our company optimizes all the logistic chain from forest to final user including storage, transportation and stockyard management.
- Conditioning -> Gestamp Biomass takes care of the treatment of raw biomass in order to accomplish technical specifications of the end users: water content, density etc.
- Design -> conceptual design and basic engineering of power generation projects.
- O&M -> providing optimal corrective, predictive and preventive operation and maintenance of our generation assets is one of the keys of our success.
- Construction -> Gestamp Biomass through subsidiary Gestamp Biomass Solutions desings, constructs Biomass boilers and participates in the construction of plants through EPC contracts.
- Management -> a very thorough technical, financial, administrative and business management of our assets provides the best information to our taking decision process. Jointly, with a very clear and transparent image of the company to all of our stakeholders.
Gestamp Biomass works jointly with its private and public clients to optimize the use of the energy in different sectors: agriculture and food industry, industrial processes etc.